Pallioti’s Italian Restaurants is one of the best Italian eateries in town that offers the most flavorsome menu options. We are an affordable yet authentic Italian kitchen in Chilliwack with a focus on the quality, quantity, and freshness of the food we serve.
Vegan options for Italian lovers
If you are vegan but are craving some Italian food, there are ways to satisfy your appetite. Here is some advice on how to eat vegan-friendly when at an Italian restaurant:
- Vegans can eat anything that does not contain dairy, eggs, seafood, poultry, or red meat. While that seems like 75% of the Italian menu, several Italian delicacies consist of tomato or olive oil as the base. Feel free to indulge in some vegan-friendly bruschetta al Pomodoro or pasta arrabbiata to enjoy the luxurious Mediterranean flavors.
- When you dine at an Italian restaurant, look at the antipasti section of the menu for vegan options like marinated artichokes, a selection of bread, Aglio olio, etc. Make sure to check with the restaurant if they serve vegan pasta, as, in most places, pasta is made using eggs.
- Be sure to fill up on appetizers, soups, salads, and desserts, as the entree menu usually has minimal vegan options. But if you have pizza on the menu, you can request the chef to serve a personalized vegan pizza with toppings of your preference.
Vegans can enjoy the unique Italian flavors by ordering those dishes made with eggplant, tomatoes, vegetables, and herbs. At our Italian kitchen in Chilliwack, we offer specialized vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free menu options for our patrons with dietary restrictions.
Low-calorie Italian dishes
The majority of health-conscious diners are intimidated at the thought of dining at an Italian restaurant due to the dominance of cream-based sauces and cheeses in Italian foods. However, you can easily stay within your caloric budget, if you eat in limited portions and order low-calorie foods from the menu. Here are some of the low calories meals to order when at an Italian restaurant:
- Grilled seafood, poultry, and veggies for appetizers
- Bruschetta topped with tomato, garlic, olives, etc.
- Caprese salad tossed with thick slices of mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, and basil
- Chicken cacciatore, grilled calamari, and mussels in white sauce
- Entrees made with tomato-based sauces, olive oil, eggplant, or low-calorie salad dressing
Plus, there are several other low-calorie Italian delicacies that you can devour guilt-free. However, be sure to avoid cream-based sauces, the bread, deep-fried foods, and large servings of pasta and pizzas.
What is a typical Italian dinner?
Italian dinners usually comprise of five courses that start with the antipasto and ends with the dolce (dessert). In between these two courses lies, the primo (appetizer), the secondo (entree), and the contorno (vegetable platter). Italian appetizers include soups, salads, rice, polenta, etc., while their entree menu includes poultry, seafood, pasta, pizzas, etc.
Are you looking for the best Italian kitchen in Chilliwack? Visit Pallioti’s Italian Restaurants. We are a family-based business with a focus on delivering the best quality Italian food at affordable prices.Italian kitchen Chilliwack
View Larger Map